“What I am anxious to see in Christian believers is a beautiful paradox. I want to see in them the joy of finding God while at the same time they are blessedly pursuing Him. I want to see in them the great joy of having God yet always wanting Him.” A. W. Tozer

Sermon #65: The Exemplary Christian Life

"I declare that I am an example to my world." The question, however, is: "What kind of example am I"? 


Every Christian should constantly ask themselves this question: "What kind of example am I to those around me?"


A Christian should be a living sermon, a walking message. The authentic Christian life is a sermon in action. If you live this kind of life, even without saying a single word, those around you will hear your story loud and clear!


"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)


Are you a Christian? If so, your primary role is to set a Christ example in every respect - in speech, in life, in love and in purity. It's not enough just to be born again; it means everything to live the exemplary Christian life! "In every aspect of life, set them an example by doing what is good." - Titus 2:7 (NIV)

Jesus didn't just teach us the right things to do; He also did the right things! Listen to Him speak: "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." - John 13:15 (NIV). 

So did Paul. While teaching the Thessalonians about the importance of work and the evil of idleness, Paul said, "For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you." - 2 Thessalonians 3:7 (NIV). 

Paul did not teach them only by wordsbut also by deeds, thus setting an example that could not be contested. It is because of this that Paul could say, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." - 1 Corinthians 11:1 (NIV).

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." - 1 Peter 2:21 (NIV)


It's now time for personal introspection. What kind of example are you setting?


Please click here for our low priced inspirational Christian paperbacks.