“What I am anxious to see in Christian believers is a beautiful paradox. I want to see in them the joy of finding God while at the same time they are blessedly pursuing Him. I want to see in them the great joy of having God yet always wanting Him.” A. W. Tozer

Sermon #53: Forgiveness - Finding Inner Peace.

“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” - Colossians 3:13 (NIV)

Forgive whatever grievances. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Can you stand before God today and emphatically tell Him that you've forgiven all that have hurt you? If so, I applaud you. If not, then it's back to the drawing board, for you are missing the will of God in this regard.

But how many times, exactly, are you expected to forgive somebody? 

“Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?’” - Matthew 18:21 (NIV).

Peter thought that it would be too much to forgive a person seven times; he thought it would be 'stretching the limit too far'. But “Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.’” - Matthew 18:22 (NIV). 

The message is quite clear - you should forgive others for as long as you live!

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)

Please click here for our low priced inspirational Christian paperbacks.